What is embedded soap? Embeds can be objects, toys, or simply a soap to add another new dimension to your regular looking soap bar. You can create any interesting design, shape, or even colors to add to your soap to make it even more unique. It may take a little more effort, but the results can be really satisfying.
To create a unique looking gift, we will be combining French pink clay with melt & pour soap. French pink clay has its natural color of pink that gives a unique natural look to your soap. Not only does it has myriad of benefits from clarifying acne to absorbing shine from oily skin, the color pink is associated with love and kindness, which is why this is the perfect gift for the ones you love and care about.
In this tutorial, we will be creating a French pink rose soap embedded into a white round soap base.
Dice the white soap base into cubes, melt at high level on microwave in short bursts of 30 secs until fully melted. Add 2 teaspoons of French pink clay to soap, stir thoroughly then mix in 10g fragrance oil and 1 tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil. Pour the mixture into the rose mold, allow to sit and dry completely.
Repeat the process of melting 100g white soap base, this time round, simply pour the melted soap into the round mold and let it dry for 10-15mins. Remove the rose soap from the mold, place the rose soap onto the round soap base. Melt another set of 100g white soap base and pour around the rose soap to completely embed the rose into the round soap base. Allow to cool completely before removing from mold.
What You Will Need:
- 700g White Melt & Pour Soap (500g for the rose soap and 200g for the round soap base)
- 15g Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 teaspoons French Pink Clay
- 10g Pink Chiffon Fragrance Oil (you can use any fragrances or essential oils of your choice)
- 2 Sets of Mold
- When adding clay to the soap, there might be clumps forming, you can add hydrosols and oil to disperse the clay powder before adding it into the soap. Here, we are creating a dusty rose effect to achieve the specks of color at the rose flower tips.
- Allow the rose soap to cool completely before removing from the mold to prevent the petals from breaking.
- Allow the base to cool completely before placing the rose soap into the base, then pour the remaining base around the soap flower to conceal it.
- Always prepare rubbing alcohol to prevent any bubbles from forming.