Scented candles are some of the best gifts ideal for any occasion. They are inexpensive, thoughtful, and create the perfect decoration for your home environment. Candles also represent warmth, love, and a sense of support to people you love, which is why we love creating and gifting candles. Aside from candles and tealights, why not up your game and make your gift stand out by creating a soy wax tablet. This is a great alternative to candles if you are concern about having pets and children around as no burning is required.
Soy wax tablets are a type of air freshener that you can simply hang in your bathroom, drawers, or wardrobe to keep your place smelling fresh for months. The ingredients and recipe are similar to creating candles, all you need is a little creativity and patience. On the other hand, soy wax tablets are recyclable too, if you noticed that the scent has faded, simply break them into smaller pieces and place it in your wax warmer or oil burner, and you can create another unique experience by creating a wax melt, and that’s about creating 2 gifts in 1, isn’t it delightful? You can also add fragrances or essential oils to your melted wax to increase the scent throw.
In this tutorial, we will be creating some soy wax tablets which you can decorate into your very own bespoke art pieces.
Melt soy wax in a Pyrex jug, stir in the fragrance oil. Allow it to cool slightly then pour the mixture into your mold. Start decorating with any botanicals or spices of your choice. Let it harden completely, then gently remove it from the mold.
What You Will Need:
- 500g Soy Wax
- Autumn Harvest Fragrance Oil (you can use any fragrances or essential oils of your choice)
- Decorative fruits, flowers, or spices
- Avoid adjusting the decoratives on the wax while it is hardening, as it can cause cracks to form on the tablet.
- Allow to cool completely before taking it out from the mold.
- Avoid adding too much oils or large decorative materials as this may cause tablet to crack.
- Plan your decorative materials in advance before starting your wax tablet project.