Scrub your troubles away with this simple Himalayan salt bar soap recipe. This salt soap bar is great for exfoliation and is the perfect gift for your loved ones. It takes less than 10 minutes to make a soap bar that is meaningful and pretty to look at.
Himalayan salt has antiseptic properties and is known for its benefits such as softening the skin texture, calming irritated and itchy skin, as well as improving the skin appearance of dark spots. Scrubbing also helps relieve stress, and can be used 2-3 times a week for its therapeutic effects. You can smooth out rough areas on your skin from knees to elbows and your feet.
In this tutorial, we will be creating a simple melt and pour soap combined with Himalayan salt.
Prepare a mold, sprinkle some Himalayan salt to the base of each cavity. Dice the Goats milk base into cubes, melt at high level on microwave in short bursts of 30secs until fully melted. Stir in your favorite essential oil, then pour the mixture in the mold.
Sprinkle additional Himalayan salt on top of the soap then spritz some alcohol to remove the bubbles. Allow to dry completely before removing from the mold.
What You Will Need:
- 300g Goats Milk Melt & Pour Soap
- Himalayan pink salt (mixture of coarse and fine)
- Peppermint Essential Oil (you can use any fragrances or essential oils of your choice)
- 1 mold
- Allow the soap to cool down before removing it completely.
- The larger the granules of the salt, the more beautiful the design of the soap, but do note that it can be really rough on the skin so add it moderately.
- Always prepare rubbing alcohol to prevent any bubbles from forming.