Most of us might have a handful of used essential oil bottles, perhaps chucked in our drawers unsure of what to do with them. Some of them may be empty, semi-used, or even left unopened.
Instead of tossing them away, we can recycle them into reed diffusers bottles. The ones that are readily available in store are not only expensive, they may also be filled with synthetic fragrances too.
Reed diffusers not only make our homes look chic, they are inexpensive gifts for your loved ones too. And the good news is, they are effortless to make. All you have to do is spruce up your bottle decoration and make your own special scent blend with your choice of essentials oils. So let’s begin by giving your used bottles a good soapy warm water wash before working on your little project.
Some benefits of creating your own reed diffuser include:
- Less harmful fragrances
- Preferred fragrance than commercial ones
- Safe for children
- Friendly on the pocket
How to make your own Reed Diffuser
Making your own reed diffuser is one of the simplest home made decor, you can add any essential oil blends of your choice, and decorate the bottle whichever way you like.
What you will need:
- A used essential oil bottle (in this tutorial, we are using a 100ml bottle)
- 30 drops essential oils (any 2 blends or more, here we use Lavender and Peppermint)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 30ml Rubbing Alcohol
How to use the Reed Diffuser:
- Flip and rotate the diffuser sticks every once a week to keep the scent going
- If the scent dissipates, its time to redo a new mixture